|Posting Period 2016-01-20~2016-01-29 Closed||Last updated 2016-01-20|
The Secretariat of the Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) in Songdo, Incheon, Korea is looking for staff, highly interested in democracy and the conduct of transparent and fair elections, who will work with us to build the election management capacity of A-WEB members and promote sustainable election systems around the world.
1. Position: Contract Staff, to be converted to Regular Staff depending on performance record
2. Applicant Categories: Native English Speakers (1~2 positions); Fluent Bilinguals (Korean/English or French) (3 positions); Both categories require a work permit in the Republic of Korea
3. Job description
1) Administration: Support for the planning and operation of A-WEB’s various programs (Country Program, Capacity Building Program and Election Visitor Program), Finance, Interpretation and Translation and General Affairs, Administrative Support
2) Research: Researches on various countries election environment for the development of A-WEB’s strategy and business models.
4. Core Values and Competencies
1) Team work: Good interpersonal skills; Working with colleagues and counterparts from diverse backgrounds for shared goals
2) Communication: Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively
3) Planning and Organizing: Using time efficiently; ability to prioritize assignments, allocate appropriate time for completing work and meet deadlines
4) Computer Skills (MS Office, etc.)
5. Desirable Qualifications
1) Completed Bachelor’s (or Master’s, Doctor’s) degree from an accredited academic institution
2) Fluency in Korean and English(or French)
3) Position open to individuals of all nationalities
6. Work Place: A-WEB Secretariat (24th Floor of G-tower, 175 Artcenter-daero, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, Korea)
7. Work Period: From the date of hiring ~ 31 December, 2016
8. How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and an updated CV (no more than 4 pages, in either Korean or English/French, no required format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 January 2016. Applicants are asked to compress all files into one zip file under the name “A-WEB Application 2016_Your name” and please indicate the same name in the e-mail’s subject line.
9. Recruiting Process
1) Document Screening: We will contact short-listed candidates by 29 January 2016.
2) Interview (at the A-WEB office): 3 February 2016
3) Final Decision: 5 February 2016
10. Compensation: 34,554,000KRW/year (overtime not included, before tax)
Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) Secretariat