- Electoral Commission (Uganda)
- EMB : Uganda
- Website : http://www.ec.or.ug
- Join : 2013
- EMB Information
· Date of formation : Established in 1995, operational in 1997(Electoral Commission Act, Cap 140)
· Number of staff at EMB : It’s composed of a Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson and 5 Members of the Commission. It has the Secretary to the Commission, who is also the head of the Secretariat; 3 Directorates and 12 Departments.
· Main functions of EMB : The Electoral Commission is mandated under Article 61 of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda to, among, others ensure that regular, free and fair elections and referenda are conducted; and further:-Compile, maintain, revise and update the voters’ register; Demarcate constituencies & conduct voter education; Hear and determine election complaints arising before and during polling; and Ascertain, publish and declare in writing under seal results of elections and referenda.