- Election Commission of India
- EMB : Election Commission of India
- Website : http://eci.gov.in/
- Join : 2013
- EMB Information
· Date of formation : 25th January 1950
· Number of staff at EMB : 3
· Main functions of EMB
- Election Commission is a federal body, enacted under the provisions of the Constitution, responsible for monitoring and administering all the electoral processes of India. This body is responsible for ensuring elections are free and fair, without any bias.
- Election Commission ensures the conduct of members pre-elections, during elections and post-elections are as per the statutory legislation.
- All election related disputes are handled by the Election Commission. The Supreme Court of India has held that where the enacted laws are silent or make insufficient provision to deal with a given situation in the conduct of elections, the Election Commission has the residuary powers under the Constitution to act in appropriate manner (from Wikipedia)